Monday, October 31, 2011

At a glance...

...it’s nothing special

Just an ordinary day

Creeping up against the shadows

In an ordinary way




But if you observe it closely

You can see the Giver’s face 

In this extra-ordinary gift

Another day of grace.

~~~ Janet Martin ~~~



I love this sweet photo of my dad reading to my daughter.  She was about 2 years old... 4 years ago ~ how the time does fly!  

She'd just had a bath, and 'Papaw' Ross was sitting with her on her bed, reading a book about monkeys.  I remember hearing them first, then grabbing my camera to try and 'capture the moment'.

They were so involved with each other, they didn't even notice me standing there.  It was truly a beautiful gift to see the love between a little girl and her grandpa... an example of an extra-ordinary gift given on an ordinary day, that could've easily been forgotten, overlooked, or missed entirely.
But it wasn't ~ and for that I'm thankful.

Isn't it good to know that even our most ordinary of days are filled with beautiful gifts from a God who loves us enough to send them our way?



Thank you God, for opening my eyes to see your blessings 
in the midst of daily tasks.  Thank you for helping me to see You... everywhere I go, and in everything I do.


 At a glance, it's nothing special.   
Just an ordinary day...

5 comments:

  1. This is so precious, Megan. The picture is PRICELESS!!! Thank-you for inspiring me again, to capture in thought or on camera
    the 'extra' in the ordinary...
    Love,
    J~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet ~ thank you so much for sharing your interpretations of life ~ I always leave 'Another Porch' inspired! I believe we share a symbiotic relationship :) ...Inspiration leads to inspiration... have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious moments, thanks for sharing. And your dad looks so young to be a grandpa, seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine ~ you're welcome :) Yes, Dad has always looked young... I don't know how many times he's been mistaken for my brother ~ one time someone even thought he was my husband ~ awkward!!

    ReplyDelete

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa